Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Hot-Cold Game

Do you ever find yourself coming home from grocery shopping with lots of good deals only to find that when it is time to put them into the freezer you can no longer shut the freezer? Or you finally work all the food into it, get the door shut, then the next morning wake up to a puddle on the floor because the door popped open? Well, that is no longer going to happen to us!! We decided it was time to make the big purchase and get a chest freezer!! I am really excited about the possibilities that are now at my fingertips:) We did some research and finally decided to go with a Sam's Club special on the 5 cubit freezer, got it set up and then I had to wait 4 hours before I could do anything! Patience isn't one of my stronger characteristics....however, it was worth it! The first thing that I made to stick in this thing was homemade baby food. I'm trying my hand at it and trying not to poison our son in the process. A really good website that I have found to help this novice is wholesomebabyfood.com. Now I have started my list on the things that I would like to stock in there and call me crazy, but I am so excited!! Currently I am working on shredding an entire baked chicken for several recipes, some yummy waffles and breakfast burritos for breakfasts, and then some homemade pasta sauce made from tomato puree. I guess the hot-cold game was worth it because it has now brought us a lovely freezer to fill and maybe even help us cut the grocery bill a little at a time:)
(This is Wyatt's stash of goods...can't believe he is already eating solids!)
I couldn't resist adding this picture.
It's a little dark...but it's our sweet little boy all curled up and snuggling with his blanky:) Oh, he has stolen our hearts!!!!



1 comment:

  1. I love when I see other mothers making Healthy choices for their families!!!! I a lot of Liberty's baby food and all of Gabe's (saves a ton of money). Also, about 1yr ago, I learned how to coupon like nobody's business and cut our budget by $200, even though I was already cooking most things from scratch. If you aren't already familiar with it, Moneysavingmom.com is an excellent resource on couponing, moneysaving, Living for the Lord, etc!!!!

    ReplyDelete